Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yumm... Blondies

I currently have a batch of Blondies baking in the oven. Some people don't know what Blondies are, or know them by another name, but these are the paler brown sugar version of a brownie.
The recipe I use is:
preheat oven to 350*
then melt together on medium heat (in a 2 qt pan):
2 cups brown sugar (not packed and not all the way filled)
1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
then remove from heat
add 2 eggs
add 1 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and 2 tsp. vanilla
stir until smooth
pour into greased 9x13 pan
top with chocolate chips, nuts or whatever you're in the mood for- I like cherries, dark choc. chips and pecans, the kids like choc. chips/M&Ms.
bake 25-30 min (my oven takes 28 min) they will puff up and then fall...that's how you know they're ready. This is a great recipe to bake and take with you to feed a lot of people. If I make them for my family only, I cut half into squares and freeze the rest. (They thaw perfectly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment