Friday, January 20, 2012

I consider this to be my "Pilot Episode"

I don't know exactly what to use this blog for, so I figure I will make it a bit of everything: writing, poetry, pictures, tips, funny tidbits about kids, craft ideas and more. I want to be able to put all my thoughts down (but may be interrupted by one, two or all three kids, so there may be fragments posted from time to time for fear that this blog will be blank if I write only when they are sleeping.) I don't know how to get people to look at this blog unless I promote a picture on Pinterest or some such site (which I know is frowned upon), so for right now I will be talking to myself.
Yesterday I enjoyed the day by making a batch of brownies with my 2 1/2 yr old and doing an art project with both girls (2 1/2 and 5) that we found on Pinterest. I thought it was a great day until my husband tells me he doesn't want me to bake anymore (I am doing it too often, he says). So I say, fine, I will just do more craft projects. He then replies that he doesn't want me to make messes with the kids because it never gets cleaned up. I say those are the things that make me happy. So I will now use this blog as an excuse to try new crafts and recipes so that I can report how they go and he can just deal with me being happy.
My dad sent me an article earlier this week that said that people who spend just one hour a day or the equivalent of one afternoon a week doing something they enjoy report being happy, no matter the other circumstances of the week. I have been trying this out since reading the article and found that it is true. There have been diaper blow-outs, spilled milk, paint messes and tantrums this week, but since I have been taking a little time to do crafty projects I am happy. I am hoping to pass this idea on to others as well because I am amazed at how well it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment